Career Coaching – Parents Info
Got a high school or college student in your family that needs confidence and direction? A Career Coach can give them the tools they need to become successful!
As a parent, you really want your kids to be successful. But you also want them to be happy. During their teen years (including early college years), they are still trying to figure out who they are and what they want to do in life. You don’t want to tell them what to do and yet you worry about their choices. How can you help them without “interfering” too much?
Offer to pay for them to work with a Career Coach! This gives them an opportunity to discuss their career ideas and get some input from a professional career adviser. I can help them clarify what career goals they have (or should have) and determine what’s the next step they need to take. I help them find out their strengths and weaknesses so they can make wise decisions regarding which career is a good fit for them. I can also help them face the reality of what it means to prepare for the career they want. I offer them a chance to discover who they are and what they want out of life. You’d be amazed how much clarity and direction they will gain from just a few coaching sessions!
How it works
- First I start with a 30-45 minute session by phone where I find out what their interests are. They may not know what kind of career they want to pursue yet (and that’s okay). As they tell me about themselves and the kinds of things that spark their interest, that will help me create their Career Guide.
- Then I’ll send them a link to take an online test that will give them a lot of insight into who they are, the way they think and what’s important to them for a successful career.
- During our second session, I will go over the test results with them. They will learn a lot about themselves in terms of their strengths and weaknesses. Many people are thrilled to get their test results because for once in their life they feel understood and valued. It’s a great experience!
- Lastly, I’ll go over a list of careers that match their interests. This will give them clarity about which one they want to pursue. I will provide several resources to help them find out what education or training they need, how much money they can make, and how easy or difficult it is to find a job in that career.
- BONUS: I will research their top 3 career choices and provide a Special Report on how much money they can make, how to quickly find a job in those careers and what training or education they need to successfully land a job! I will email a copy to both you and your child of the personalized Career Guide and the Special Report.
From this experience they will gain a sense of confidence, hope and clarity. And you, as the parent, will experience great relief. You’ll notice that they are more confident that they know what they want out of life. They will have hope about finding a career they will enjoy (and be successful at). And they’ll know what is the next step they need to take to make it happen. It will no longer feel overwhelming and confusing for them. You will be delightfully surprised at the change you see in your child.
Let’s get started!
If you’d like to talk to me before purchasing, you can schedule a 15 minute free consultation first. You can ask any questions you may have and I’ll be happy to answer them. To schedule the free consultation, click here. Below are the answers to the questions that most parents have.
Frequently Asked Questions
What ages do you work with? High school students (11-12th grade), high school graduates and college students. I also work with adults who are ready to make a career change.
How long will this take? This can be completed within 2 weeks (or less if you’re in a hurry).
How do I pay for this? When you schedule your first coaching session, you will make payment through PayPal. PayPal is a secure way to enter your credit card or bank account information (or you can use your PayPal balance). If you cannot use PayPal (or are not comfortable doing so), please schedule a free consultation and we’ll discuss what other forms of payment will work. I accept all major credit cards.
What are your credentials? I am a professional life coach with a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling. I have specific training in career guidance and advising. I have been working with people from all walks of life for over 25 years. Helping someone discover who they are and what direction to take in life is one of my specialties.
Will you send me my child’s test results? Yes, I will send you the Career Guide and the Bonus Special Report via email.
How should I introduce this idea to my teen? I created a page just for them – here it is. I would suggest that you send them a link to that page. Tell them you think it’s a good idea for them to talk to a professional Career Coach and that it’s private and confidential. I don’t share with you (the parent) what they tell me – this helps to build rapport with them. It’s a good idea to get them excited about the idea – if they feel forced to do it, they might resent it. That makes it much harder for them to benefit from the process. If you have any concerns, please schedule a 15 minute free consultation so we can discuss them before you sign up. To schedule the free consultation, click here.